Ceramics Night!

Another Thursday night, another Alexandria Happy Hour... this time, we went to Jackson 20 and as soon as we sat down, I ordered the gin & tonic that I had been thinking about all day at work.

It was glorious. 

So were the J20 Nachos (waffle fries topped with pulled pork BBQ and gouda, amongst other things that are terribly tasty).

Completely stuffed, Yerin and I walked around for a bit and ended up having to take a load off in Market Square to lay until the food coma subsided.

Crepe Myrtles are my JAM.

It was a gorgeous day and there were some crazy awesome clouds in the sky.

Don't even know how it's possible to have all these different patterns of clouds in one patch of sky. 

Then we finally headed to ceramics class, where I kept building and building and lost inspiration somewhere along the way... it's part of the process, I suppose.

Yes, it may look like everything I've ever made out of clay, but I'm not done yet...

Our ceramics instructor did say it was beautiful. I was so flattered that I think I blacked out for a little bit. I pretty much want to BE her.

I actually don't know where I'm going to go from here with the piece, but I did get hit by a huge wave of inspiration for my next piece. 

It's going to be a little shout out to Istanbul. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Comments

Kat-lin said…
I'm reading your blog and commenting... Is your next piece going to be an homage to mussels?
Joann said…
Being showered in comments is like being showered in bacon. Life doesn't get any better than that.

Popular Posts