the funny thing about haircuts...

It seems to be a common thing in these parts to have a super secret Korean hairdresser who cuts hair from their home... and I've found my very own. 

I've been going to her for about a year now and she's been great. But, she's always encouraged me to keep my hair long and never donate it.

Well, I was finally sick of the long hair and I went to her for a pretty dramatic chop. I've been eyeing Elizabeth Olsen's haircut for a while now - soft layers, below shoulder length, perfect to curl or keep straight. I was pretty pumped.

So, I showed her the photo and she took a quick glance at it and said, "okay" and threw out some words like "straight ends are trendy," and "like all the girls on Korean drama." 

And I guess this is her interpretation of what Elizabeth Olsen's hair would look like if she were in a Korean drama.

I know Lizzie, I know.

The wonderful thing about hair is that it grows out and the wonderful thing about me is that hair doesn't really mean that much to me. It would have just been nice to be able to rock some E. Olsen curls once in a while. 

In other news, dreading work tomorrow and the unavoidable shower of "DID YOU GET YOUR HAIRCUT?" comments and occasional petting of newly cut hairs.

Comments

Leslie said…
i think your hair looks great. i wish i had a hair length/cut that i absolutely loved. is that why we're on this earth? to find our perfect hairs?
Joann said…
Absolutely, and Elizabeth Olsen has it. Well, and January Jones. And Gisele. The cut's growing on me-ish... I do like how much lighter my head feels and the ends are no longer gross. Still searching for my perfect cut.
Leslie said…
The day you find it, is the day your life is over. It's our purpose.

Popular Posts