Finalement!

Phew, the last few days have been a whirlwind, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and blog until now. Where was I? Day Four? Oui.

Well, Day Four was mostly spent gathering supplies for the journey home. This meant between laying out in the lawn and another awesome dinner, we actually had to get thangs done. Exhausting.

Mmmm... cheeeeese...

Lots of Spotted Cow and Belgian Red - and cheese curds!

Plans were put together for a little welcome back BBQ/running group reunion, where these Madison treats would be shared with Virginia friends. The perfect opportunity to introduce them to Fried Cheese Curds (even though my sad attempt at frying these beauties might have me banned from Wisconsin for-EVER)!

The rest of the day sped by - dinner at Jac's to make some new friends, then the next thing I know, we were on the road headed home!

I didn't realize how much I had slept the first time I "helped" road trip out there and I was honestly trying my best to keep it together. But you know, as soon as I make contact with that passenger seat or backseat, I'm out like a light. Socks was even kind enough to take a photo of me while I was snoozing and sent it to me. I'm definitely not a cute sleeper. I hope none of you have to experience that. 

Somehow, we survived the longest drive EVAR through Ohio, numerous truck stops, and the million times I nodded off... and 15ish hours later, we reached our destination. 

It was a wonderful trip, but I probably wouldn't jump at the opportunity to do that road trip again any time soon. :|

Highlights worth mentioning...

I almost ruined my experience at a phenom Pho place by being an idiot. This is me after consuming a jalapeño pepper topped with chili sauce and sriracha. I offered Socks a dollar to do it and he refused, so naturally, I decided I would do it. Even my ears started burning. -_- 

If we were in the Hunger Games, this find would probably be something to be concerned about. But because my experience in identifying bark stripping patterns is limited, I decided this was the handiwork of forest unicorns. No reason for concern.

I also emailed Bon Appetit Magazine in an effort to secure the recipe for that delicious squash curry at Lao Laan-Xang. Keeping my fingers crossed! No reply yet!

Comments

Susan said…
Beer and fried cheese curds?! Yum!!
Joann said…
Oh the fried cheese curds... they're PHENOM. I'll have to make them for you sometime!

Popular Posts