fail-proof ribs!

I don't want to get myself in the middle of a dry vs. wet ribs war, but for me, the wet ribs are a lot easier to make. I am both smoker-less and skill-less at the grill, and this recipes comes out for me every time!

The meat falls off the bone and it's covered in just the right amount of get-it-all-over-your-face BBQ sauce.

You start by allocating two ginormous portions of spare ribs (or you could just use one, but I was feeding a crowd and have an unhealthy lurve of leftovers).


I used a work-with-what-you've-got recipe for a dry rub: salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, celery salt, all-spice, and cumin.

Then I coated each rib generously with the spices and seared it off on the grill to get that lovely char to seal in all the goodness.

After letting it rest, I cut up the ribs into smaller portions (some two, some three) and nested them in that super huge roasting pan that hasn't seen any playtime since Thanksgiving.


I added a bottle (or you can use a can) of beer - I chose a Blue Moon. And two bottles of your choice of BBQ sauce. I chose a Memphis-style sauce.


Cover the entire pan in foil, bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours, flip the ribs and bake for another hour. Peel off foil and bake for a final 30 minutes, and it's chow time!

I love using this recipe because it frees me up to take care of other things in the meantime - and the leftovers make awesome BBQ sandwiches the next day. Save some of that sauce left over in that pan and shred any of your leftover ribs!

I suppose that's only if you have any leftovers...
Photo Cred: Lauren (we are instagraming machines)

Comments

Popular Posts