Day Two!

ART MUSEUM DAY!!!

I spent some time taking in the new expansion and it was PHENOM. They are currently featuring an exhibition on glass art, and have some pretty heavy hitters added to their modern art collection.

Viola Frey!

Claes Oldenburg!

Cristo and Jeanne-Claude
(I especially loved these sketches and Claes Oldenburg's sketches. So neat to be able to see their thought process.)

Also ran into Pfeffer. I'm not really sure why she had such a ridiculous hat on.

After a few hours of art museum-ing (<3) it was time for lunch! We stopped by Whole Foods to make pretend katmandu sandwiches and picked up other yummies. 


It was also during lunch that I experienced another life changer (averaging one of these a day isn't a terrible way to live)... New Glarus' Belgian Red. OMG. Forget Spotted Cow, this beer is lightyears beyond fabulous. It's made with over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle (!!!!) and unfortunately, like Spotted Cow, can only be purchased in Wisconsin. yay. :|

I hope Socks knows that I will be strapping cases of this stuff to the roof of the car for the trip back to the Belgian Red-less state that is Virginia. 

Comments

Popular Posts