Day Three

Yesterday we hit the only thing I missed the first time around in Wisconsin... Devil's Lake!


Yes, it was as awesome as it looks. Yes, I am as afraid of heights as I was and will forever be.

Trying to figure out my exit strategy... 
(I obviously went around ruffling my tail feathers afterwards about how climbing on those giant boulders 1,000,000,000 feet high was "no big deal.")

Socks on the other hand, must have mountain lion blood in him. His claim of being afraid of heights is a lie. Do not trust this man.

After climbing to the top of the world (not a dramatization), we made a pit stop at the Natural Bridge State Park to see well, the natural bridge. 

While it's not as big as the Natural Bridge in Virginia (VIRGINIAISAWESOME), it was really neat. It also has a pretty awesome cave/covered area underneath it - apparently one of the oldest sites of human occupancy in the United States.

The Rockshelter - aka where I will live if I am ever homeless. It is awesome and is tres roomy.

Dinner was at Lao Laan-Xang, home of the delectable squash curry. I had a huge craving for this one day months ago and it's tough not being able to have it whenever I want. It's just the greatest. I was also introduced to the stuffed chicken last night, which is smothered in an awesome curry/peanut sauce. Oy. The food is TOO good in this town. :|

Comments

Popular Posts