Day Hike (?)

Sadly, I think my night hikes outnumber my day hikes in Great Falls. Dangerous, oui... but thrilling/terrifying/totally awesome, double oui.

This morning, Socks and I day hiked somewhere (I have no idea where) and I must say, it can be argued that it's even more terrifying to hike in the day than at night. I operate mainly on the idea that "ignorance is bliss." If I can't see a giant ditch of death, then there is no giant ditch of death.

As always though, the views make all of the spiderwebs, scaling dried-leaf-covered-super-steep-hills, mud-central, strange bugs, and random mystery cuts totally worth it. Oh, nature...

This is the beginning of the hike, we picked up a trail at the end of Seneca Road and judging from the way things looked in this photo, the hike was going to be a breeze.

I was so wrong. Like I said, lots of clinging on for dear life and incessant whining later, I managed to find the water, while Socks was already moving on to bigger and better things.

Like scaling relatively scrawny trees that are creepily teetering over fast-moving water.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat though. The ends definitely justified the means.

And when I arrived at work today (yes, that's right, I woke up early to day hike! GO ME!), our in-house treat-maker, Fred had made us two big boxes of his famous strawberries!

He fills giant strawberries with cream, dips them in chocolate, then drizzles them in white chocolate. YUM. We are so spoiled.

I had three of them. And if not for AG, who snuck the last one like a bandit, I would have had four.

AG... I'm gonna get her...

Comments

Popular Posts