6 AM Flights...

They seem like a good idea in theory...

Except when it's the night before your 6 AM, 5:35 AM flight, which coincides with Mother's Day, which means you don't start packing until 10 PM, which means your nails are unpainted (gasp!), your living space is a mess, and you need to finish the EWLW newsletter for the week that gets sent to 80ish peoples' inboxes.

Since this blog means more to me than sleep, here's a quick recap of Mother's Day...

After work, I needed something quick to whip up for Momma Tong. Homegirl loves herself some seafood, so I picked up two pounds of mussels and some ginormous scallops of amazingness.

I seared the scallops and threw them on top of some whole wheat pasta, which I cooked up in some sauteed onions and truffle butter. Yummers.

Then I made some quick and easy Mother's Day Moules.


Mother's Day Moules
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 cup white wine
2 lbs mussels

Directions:
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot, garlic and dried parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add white wine and bring to a boil.
3. Toss in your mussels and cover lid. Cook for 5-7 minutes, shaking pot occasionally. 
4. Discard any mussels that do not open, and serve immediately.

I made some crostini because there's nothing better than soaking up some of that glorious broth at the bottom of the bowl. Yummers. 

Alright, bag is packed, nails are painted, newsletter is done (I decided against sending the email out at 12:30 AM because it would make me look irresponsible), and blog is updated. Off to get three-ish hours of shut eye, then I'll see y'all in Madison!

CHEESE CURDS HERE I COOOOOOME!

Comments

Kristen said…
I will take some cheese curds, please and thank you.
Joann said…
Done aaaaand done. I'm not sure how well they'll travel, but I will give it my best shot. We will have to figure out how to fry them as soon as I get back.

Popular Posts