Rainy Days and Mondays

(Showing my age... The Carpenters are my jaaaam)

I'm currently recollecting my Monday from underneath two comforters. What's up with this ridiculous weather? This will be short and sweet because the longer my fingers have to type, the colder they get. :/

Anywhoo, on Monday I ran a load of errands and made a corn salad. A corn salad that is awesome, especially when the weather is the exact opposite of what it has been lately.


I got this recipe from Jules and adjusted it a bit because I got hit by inspiration in the kitchen!

Ingredients:
2 cans whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1/2 roasted red pepper, diced
3 tablespoons garlic oil
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
4 - 6 splashes of hot sauce
4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped

Directions:
Mix it all up!

As with any salad of this nature, it's always especially phenom after it's had some time to hang out, so I'd make this a few hours before you serve it or even the day before if you can.

After making the corn salad I decided it was too cold out to eat corn salad, so I met Gidey for dinner down the street. Taste of Vietnam!


Okay, so add Vietnamese to my "I want to be this kind of Asian because they have the best food" list.

Comments

Popular Posts