the last of it :(

Times get kind of tough when you know the end is near... for example, what to do with the very last slice of bread from that glorious trip to Cenan's Bakery?

I thought about it in the days leading up to yesterday morning. I mean, I could just dip it in the baba ganoush, sure, but I had done that with the entire loaf of San Francisco Sourdough, so no, this needed to be different. This last slice needed a little bit of extra attention and appreciation.

In my world, this means a fried egg. Runny liquid gold.

I slathered that last piece of bread with some of the roasted red pepper spread...


Then applied a generous heap of baby spinach before topping it with that beautiful egg. And then I ate it over the sink and still managed to drip half of the yolk all over myself. I don't know if I'll ever be able to master the art of egg-over-easy-eating. 



I suppose some things in life are worth the extra clean up. :/

SPEAKING OF EGGS, I was finally able to locate some information on a chicken ordinance in Loudoun County, and THIS GIRL can totally have chickens! As long as they're housed 60 feet away from any neighboring property line. :| I'm going out to do some serious measuring as soon as the sun comes out tomorrow morning. 

CHICKENS!!! HERE I COME!!!

Comments

Leslie said…
I put half of each half-loaf in the freezer. But I don't think I wrapped them tightly enough so I'm afraid to pull them out. I finished off the first hunk of sourdough yesterday. It was hard as a rock, but so so good. I was afraid I'd chip a tooth, but since I had a dentist appointment this morning, I figured it would at least be easily remedied.

Popular Posts