J Tong, Food Hoarder.

When I see something I like, apparently I hoard it. Before today, I didn't think it was possible to spend $37 at lunch. But, I guess anything is possible.


I met up with Leslie and Jess at Cenan's Bakery with a laundry list of things I was supposed to try from Susie. Well, I exceeded all expectation. What can I say, I'm a bit of an overachiever.


Their food was good. Really good. Good in a way that makes you want to jump up on the tables and dance. It was simple too. Really fresh, really great quality. CLEARLY, because like I said, I spent $37 in about 15 minutes.

I had a fresh mozzarella panini (featuring an olive spread and sun dried tomatoes), a slice of their gorgeous white chocolate cake (which I described as angels singing inside my mouth), and a coffee (fun fact: Cenan's Bakery was the first shop in Vienna to have a cappuccino machine).



Fueled, I continued my wild spending rampage in that bakery... poor little bakery, it had no idea what was coming.

They sold some Turkish products, so obviously, I had to hit that up.

Then, a roasted red pepper dip, baba ganoush, loaves of San Francisco Sourdough and Danish Kernel bread, and a cinnamon roll later... 

It became quite the balancing act.

Leslie and Jess with their loot. 

They had this awesome sandwich, Le French. It was my jam. Brie, ham. A complete sentence doesn't even have to be formed for you to understand that that sandwich was good. Really good. 

For the next few days, I'll be feasting on amazing bread, cheese, and dips. It should be understood that I have a "Do Not Disturb" sign hanging from my neck when seen with food in hand. I mean, you can certainly try, but I will be too far out in Yummyville to hear or pay attention to anything you're saying.

This $37 lunch was worth every penny.

Comments

Leslie said…
So worth every penny. And we were not hungry later that day, but I did finish my sandwich half for dinner. I had my chocolate croissant for breakfast along with a slice of the gigantic Danish Kernel bread. Cenan was right, it's AMAZING toasted. I put fake butter on it, but it hardly needed it. IT HARDLY NEEDED THE FAKE BUTTER.
Joann said…
Quitters. I was still hungry later that day. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I can't wait to try the kernel bread. I'm going toast the crap out of it and spread some goat cheese and red pepper spread on top. LIKE A CHAMPION.

Popular Posts