I Do Declare!

We headed out to the country today to celebrate Kaitlin's birthday with a picnic at Sunset Hills Vineyard and had a grand ol' time! It was a gorgeous day for it too!


Of course, this level of ridiculosity has Ann Glancy written all over it! We were told to gussy ourselves up all Southern-like and as we pull up into the picnic area, I had a pretty good feeling we were at the right place...

AG getting her Steel Magnolias look on with the help of a killer outfit provided by the thrift store.

Oh hey there, birthday girl!

The whippersnappers...

Haha Dubs with her secret weapon. Always.

Check out that killer spread! These ladies sure do know how to throw together a picnic!

AG even brought a little table just for the 'skivers. Sounds like we fit the bill...

We dined... oh boy, did we dine.

Why AG is my jam.

And roll call (clockwise from the top!): Biscuit with ham and cheese (genius, Dianna), corn pudding, corn salad, capellini pasta, green beans, deviled egg, fried okra, hush puppy, celery stick (EWLW), and fried chicken. I don't think I'm going to be able to eat for the rest of the week. :/

Little old ladies all gussied up in their finest (... yard of satin, Dianna?)

Miss Kaitlin is most certainly showing her age! Happy 62nd!

After cake and presents, we ended the afternoon with a friendly game of croquet... and then another round of cake. We are cake girls, after all...

The 'skivers doing some assembly.

This was my first time playing croquet and I found the Happy Gilmore method to be the most successful.

AG, however, plays by her own rules.

Hope you had the happiest of birthdays Kaitlin!

Comments

Katie Richardson said…
Ahhhhh, I miss you guys!
Kaitlin said…
It was an awesome day thanks to my evilskeebers!

Popular Posts