Woe Is Me.

I spent my day off today running some errands and meeting up with some gals for lunch, then I had plans to run with Lauren (my first run since Saturday). Easy enough, right?

Well, the first part of that was easy. Easy, and super enjoyable. Plans for lunch meant wearing something casual, but respectable, so I threw on my best about-to-climb-onto-a-yacht-this-is-how-suburban-goddesses-dress-in-NoVA outfit and ran errands before driving to Travinia to meet the ladies for some lunch.

As it turns out, running errands in something other than baggy jeans and sweatshirts really earn you some respect in these parts... people were smiling at me, I got asked if I needed help, I mean... if getting dressed and putting make up on didn't require so much work, I might consider doing it more often... might.

But, as I write this wearing the sweats that have been laying on my bed all day awaiting my return, that doesn't look like it's going to be happening on the regular.

I digress. Travinia was awesome! It was my first time and I had four cups of coffee (it was SO good) with my Steak and White Bean Salad and an order of Gouda Mac & Cheese with Pancetta. YUM CITY. The company was also amazing! We must have lunched for over two hours! We had lots of catching up to do!

The ladies!

Dubs with her cocktail (always).

Now that all the fun is over, we'll discuss the huge disappointment that today became... today's highly anticipated return to running was beyond terrible. 

I took the last few days off because running on Saturday was really painful, suspected shin splints, and I think today made it pretty clear that it's no longer a suspicion. :/ 

The past few days were kind of rough on the shins even walking/running up the stairs at work, but today, I felt alright running up the stairs, so I thought, alright, running will be fine. I don't even think I went a mile before I had to stop. Pretty discouraging stuff. I basically walked/jogged the rest of the three miles today. :|

Luckily, they don't call it a team for nothing! Lauren was super helpful and encouraging and basically talked me out of spreading myself out across Fairfax County Parkway and sobbing like I usually do when I watch Armageddon. You know which scene I'm talking about (oooh, now I really want to watch Armageddon).

The rest of my evening looked like this:


I spent it under ice and watching random shows On Demand. Including two episodes of Oprah's Next Chapter series on Hasidic Jews. Man, I miss that woman. What else can a girl do when sidelined with an injury and a dash of disappointment? Oprah makes everything better.

Comments

Popular Posts