SPICY PEACHES!!!!!

I read somewhere that sprinkling Cayenne Pepper on/around plants will deter squirrels from eating EVERYTHING.

GIVE ME.

I spent some time this afternoon sprinkling the biggest jar I could get my hands on all over everything in the garden but the water hose (the squirrels won't touch that). 

Wait. What if the squirrels get SO hungry/angry, they take out my water source?? 

I wouldn't put it past them.

For now, they seem to have given up for the day/night. I haven't seen a trace of them since the great sprinkling o' 3 o'clock. They're probably in some top secret hideout devising their next move. 

Just when I think Fall is my favorite season in Virginia, Spring comes along and blows it out of the water...

Peach tree blossoms that basically bloomed overnight.

Surprise mini daffodils that I forgot I planted last year! And strawberries getting ready to grow everywhere. 

I'm a big fan of uh... this-looks-good-over-here/laissez-faire gardening.


And for good measure, I bought a few bunches of curly willow to keep indoors to remind me of spring just in case everything outside gets buried in 15 feet of "Surprise! It's Spring In Virginia!" snow... fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular Posts