I Am Awesome.

I won't even deny it. I did something incredible today (for me at least) and since this is my blog, I'm ruffling all of my feathers, tooting all of my horns and everything else short of climbing the world's tallest mountain and screaming it to the world (I simply am too tired to do that).

Check it out!


That's right folks! I covered six miles this afternoon in under an hour! WHAT!? See? I told you. I'm awesome. I know for all you folks out there that are actually good at running, this is no big deal, but let me tell you, some serious stars had to align for this to go down.

We'll begin with brunch. I met up with the ladies this morning at Cowboy Cafe and went in with the mindset of, "alright Joj, let's be smart about this. You have to run this afternoon..." So naturally, I had four cups of coffee and the huevos rancheros featuring chorizo, the wonder meat.

Ladies who brunch.

Properly fueled and caffeinated, I decided the weather was wonderful enough to attempt a quality run (a bit windy, but sunny and around 48 degrees. I'll take it.) and put on my favorite pair of socks (this is crucial) and layered like an expert - I also wore lots of black spandex-y material, which makes me feel like a ninja (this helps). I mentally laid out my route and put on Joey's phenom running playlist and decided it was go time.

Such a feat is never met with ease. I ran into an old woman along the trail who said something about there being a mountain lion sighting further down the trail (in the direction I was heading) a few years back. 

Pfft. Old Lady puhleeze, I'm in the middle of my greatest run of all time in the history of ever... if you think a hungry mountain lion chasing my chorizo breath is going to stop me... you'd probably be right.

I lucked out though, no mountain lions today. I would have hated to have to waste precious minutes fighting off a mountain lion with my bare hands...

After running into Burgers on the way home (and stopping for a nice little rest to chat), I sprinted the rest of the way home and got ready for work. The fun just doesn't stop!

Pro Tip: When staying up all night to do inventory, the smartest thing to do is to hydrate like it's going out of style in order to stay awake.

Jules and I have five drinks between the two of us. We're pros at this.

Now that inventory has been completed and I'm overflowing with caffeine (from the skim latte I downed about three hours ago) I decided it would be an appropriate time to reward myself for today's accomplishment. 

I just ordered it, should be picking it up tomorrow and will of course introduce the surprise I got for myself  (this all makes sense to me in my caffeine/exhaustion-induced mind) to the blog soon!

Plans for tomorrow include: lots of Hunger Games reading time, baking some coconut muffins, and another run (maybe an easy one, I'm hoping to ride the high from today's run for a few days). 

And that's all I've got!

Comments

Leslie said…
I'm all caught up! I am also amazed at your run time. 9 minute miles is no joke for 6 miles, girl. You're the coolest. I promise to pay more attention to your blog.

Popular Posts