Glowing!

You know what they say... you never think you can love your second child as much as your first. I didn't think it was possible either. But, I always knew I would have enough room in my heart for more than one.

Today, it was time to welcome the new addition! And I must say, I'm pretty in love.


... And you probably thought I went ahead and got some chickens! I wish! Sadly, that would have probably been an even bigger investment and I haven't quite finalized plans on my chicken coop mansion of awesomeness, so it'll be a little while longer.

Then the new little lady and I spent the day baking and celebrating its first birthday!

I know, so nerdy.

SmittenKitchen was featuring this recipe for double coconut muffins and it sounded too good to pass up, so birthday coconut muffins it is! I scored a gorgeous Villeroy & Boch ceramic bowl at Home Goods the other day ($5!) and it has super high walls so it's perfect for mixing things by hand - flour isn't flying everywhere and that's especially good when you keep laptops close to you while cooking.


It's a dense dough, but muffins turn out to be really moist. She even suggests adding crushed pineapple to the recipe to make a sort of Pina Colada muffin. Brilliant.

Even though I had some muffin liners handy (from various holidays that certainly need to be used up), I loved how she made simple liners from parchment paper. I thought they looked super rustic and something Ina would do... so yeah, never buying cupcake liners ever again.

Ready to pop in the oven!

All done! (They're AWESOME when they're warm!)

The recipe calls for greek yogurt, coconut oil and whole wheat flour... and it's called a "muffin," so it's totes healthy probably only like, two calories. Get the recipe here!

Can't wait to wake up and smother one of these bad boys with some raspberry jam!

Comments

Leslie said…
Is that a macbook air? What did that set you back? I think I need a new macbook this year. Mine is going on 4 years old.
Leslie said…
Also is your new baby a year old? Or did it just come home? I am confused because you're celebrating its first birthday.
Joann said…
Haha good point, I guess it's just a birth-day birthday celebration then. I just got it yesterday, it's the 13" Macbook Air. So far, so good! It set me back about $1200 (with the UMW discount) but you know what they say, once you go Mac, you never go back.

Also just ordered one of these baller cases: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0074E4FYC/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1
Leslie said…
NICE CASE. NOW I WANT THE AIR JUST SO I CAN GET THE CASE.
Joann said…
DO IT. I got the pink and decided it was too girly, so I returned it and got the mint green instead. Greatest decision ever. It's MY JAM.

Popular Posts