An F For Effort.

Joey and I attempted to run today and it wasn't a complete failure... well, not completely, he did give me his copy of The Hunger Games to read... but yes, everything concerning the run was a failure.

In our defense, we are fragile. It was really windy and cold and we simply aren't designed to brave these kinds of conditions as well as, say, polar bears. We gave it a solid try though. You know what they say... two miles are better than no miles at all. :|


Who are we to knock down a mediocre attempt at a five-mile run though? We did a dark chocolate almond milk toast afterwards before driving to meet Susie for some BBQ. Like Champions.

I settled on the NC Pulled Pork, Potato Salad, Collard Greens and Cole Slaw. YUM.

Their BBQ is out of this world! I'm not even a huge fan of BBQ (I know, people often drop their jaws and take offense to this statement... kind of like I just told them their baby is ugly) but I can see us having a very long and serious relationship, Willard's BBQ and I... Ahhh, new love. Such a beautiful thing.



Alright folks, gotta run (figure of speech)! I've got a whole night of reading ahead of me before the greatest run ever tomorrow morning (I'm seeing to it) and then another one of our monthly lady brunches with the girls. Life is so tough.

Comments

Popular Posts