one thing leads to another...

Just when you had come to terms with coming to this blog to read about what I eat every day… have I got news for YOU.

If you haven't seen the news on facebook yet, I just signed up for the Northface Endurance Challenge again (remember last year?). Only this year, I've up-ed the ante to a half marathon. Blarg.


I'm fairly confident I'll be able to finish… whether or not I'll be crossing the finish line on a stretcher remains to be seen, but I WILL finish.

This year's race is on June 2nd and 3rd, so that leaves me with 123 days to get in "I can totally run 13.1 miles" shape… Outlook is… cloudy. I'll get back to you after a few more weeks of serious training.

Long gone are those comfortable mile-long runs on the treadmill… I'll miss you. :(

If you find yourself itching to join in on the fun, you can register HERE. They offer everything from a 5K up to 50 miles (yikes), you get an awesome shirt, loads of North Face swag on race day, and the unofficial pie party at the bachelor pad is always a great reason to race. :)

Now for the fun part, because we ALL know finishing (and pie) won't be reward enough… this is 13.1 whole miles, after all. I will need to come up with a special consolation prize for myself… hmm.

Maybe the DeWALT Miter Saw I've been eyeing for years now… I've been itching to get one of these so I can start building and stretching my own paint canvases again [art nerd alert].

Look at that beauty!

Alrighty, I'm off to bed since tomorrow seems like a good day to start all this training nonsense… 

Oh wait! I almost forgot… what I ate today :)


Half of an awesome Naan Pizza! Naan Pizzas have been my JAM lately (thanks Nicole for the inspiration). I whipped this bad boy up in maybe 15 minutes? And I have plenty for lunch tomorrow too!

I took a piece of garlic naan bread and brushed some garlic oil on top of it (DOUBLE GARLIC YUM), then crumbled some goat cheese on top of that with some spinach leaves, basil, and these gorgeous golden yellow cherry tomatoes that are SO sweet and delicious.

Okay, now I'm off to bed. Have a Happy Wednesday! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I fully support your decision to award yourself with that saw. Excellent choice.

Popular Posts