Oh What A Night!

Joey and I had a bit of an impromptu date night tonight in DC… brushing elbows with enough of a sampling of DC-ites to remind me of why I love not being a DC-ite (no offense to any DC-ites out there - you're way cooler than this suburban sistah).

It is nice to head into the city once in a while to remind myself of what it's like to be young (showing my age…). It was also a GORGEOUS night out - probs around 60 degrees outside, so it worked out really well.

Joey had two tickets to an advanced screening of This Means War (starring the delicious Tom Hardy), which is coming out in theaters in about a month-ish. So we headed off to Chinatown (WTSM) to see the film.

The Regal in Chinatown has the BEST popcorn ever. Look at all those seasoned kernels!

Check out the trailer! Chelsea Handler was hilarious (as always).

The movie was actually pretty good - I'd watch it again… but then again, that could be the Tom Hardy effect…
I mean… COME ON.

After the movie, we sauntered on over to Zaytinya - my first time since Mike Isabella left his post there as Executive Chef and Joey's first time EVER. Their food was delicious (as always) and I forced Joey to feast upon a predominately Turkish menu, since I miss Istanbul like crazy.

Yummy!

Jose Andres is feeling a little confident...

Joey with the Adana Kebab and his "what is this" face.

We also dined on their Baba Ghannouge, Imam Bayildi (stuffed eggplant), Sea Scallops (my fave), the Salmon with Butternut Squash Puree, and I must say, our favorites were the seafood. Both the sea scallops and the salmon were perfectly prepared and well worth the price.

My seared sea scallop in tzatziki that Joey kept eyeballing…

Then came the greatest part of the meal… DESSERT. We decided to order a regular portion of the Chocolate Rose, which was a scoop of rosewater ice cream with a layer of raspberry something or other and chocolate something or other with this wonderful spice… IT WAS SO GOOD.


And again with the tooting of your own horn, Andres…


(Only this time, I totally agree with him. CHOCOLATE ROSE DESSERT FOREVER.)

Comments

Popular Posts