Food & Coping.

Socks left Thursday morning to return back to the land of cold, but we didn't let him go before celebrating the only way we knew how… a few nights ago, we got down with a lot of dessert and ice cream (ALWAYS ice cream).

Roll Call: 1 legged gingerbread man, raspberry linzer cookie (SO GOOD), Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream, GIANT Texas Cake, Sour Cherry Crumble Pie, Apple Crumble Pie and Classic Apple Pie - all from Mom's Apple Pie. 

(Not Pictured: The Mexican Wedding Cookie I decided I needed to eat before dinner.)

Socks with his GIANT piece of Texas Chocolate Cake - it's rocking about a 50/50 cake/fudge ratio. I can respect that.

Wednesday night, Joey and I headed over to get in one last goodbye and so Joey could drop off some things for Socks. Afterwards, Joey and I decided additional coping needed to be done, so we headed to Silver Diner to drown our sorrows in milkshakes.

Well, Joey got a milkshake… I wanted a root beer float, which they didn't have (… I KNOW) so I settled for their version of an Arnold Palmer.


Clearly not my jam.

In order to right the wrong that was the arnold palmer, we split a BLT. And whadduya know… bacon fixes everything.


Comments

Popular Posts