Holi-Daze.

Man, time does fly when you're eating all day and taking cat naps…

It's become a bit of a tradition in my family for the "kids" to do all of the cooking on Christmas Day.  This meant that I was basically cooking from the time I left work on Christmas Eve until about noon-ish today. We may have gone a little overboard this year, but everyone left stuffed and happy, so it was worth it.

I pulled out the ol' chimichurri flank steak recipe, which meant I was standing outside manning the grill this morning in the cold. :/

But that darn Argentinean dish was totally worth some frozen toes.

Livia & Sally made these adorable pigs in a blanket.

Cutting into the caramelized onion & goat cheese tart.  Yummers.

Mania, chowing down. 

This family doesn't mess around.

After round one of food appreciation time, we opened gifts!

Bieber paper appreciation time.

And moments later, I got the greatest gift of all time…

BOOM.  I'm never taking this off.

After opening presents and eating more pie, we were pretty exhausted so we hijacked Aunt Carol's Christmas gift - an incredible pillow and passed out.

I'm going to need one of these for myself…

After mah jong (WTSM) and some cards were played, we ate some more.  Isn't Christmas the greatest?

Getting ready to dish up the lamb that's been roasting away all afternoon. 

This apron has already been over exposed on the blog (you're going to have to get used to it).
Roasted Lamb with Hasselback Potatoes.

On top of the foods that were mentioned, we also had the following:
Carrot & Ginger Soup with Garlic Croutons
Proscuitto wrapped Asparagus and Cantaloupe
Squash Fritters
Cauliflower Puree
Sally's Phenom Salsa
Salmon Profiteroles
Mini Crab Cakes
Chocolate Meringue Pie
and Apple Pie.

SO. MUCH. FOOD.

(I wouldn't have it any other way.)


Hope everyone had a wonderful (and yummy) Christmas!

Comments

Joey Bersack said…
That apron is the best. You don't need a gigantic pillow because you can sleep anywhere. And that food looked amazing.
that looks INSANEly delicious. am sitting here at work at my desk...wishing...hoping...for any of that. sigh. xoxo
Leslie said…
That apron is the shit. I expect it to be on you anytime you're in a picture on your blog.

Popular Posts