Cookie Swap!

Tonight Susie had her annual cookie swap party!  Cookies and wine - in the words of Ina, how bad could that be…?

The sparkling wine from Trader Joe's that we all went crazy for.  So delicious!

I brought gingerbread cookies, since I can't seem to get enough gingerbread into my system this season… something about all of the spices just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Everyone showing off their cookies!

Martha Stewart upstaging me.  She's such an overachiever.

The spread Susie had - she made her own hummus!  
Ina's recipe -and you know how we feel about Ina. <3

… like a kid in a candy store.

Liz and I blowing up Instagram.

Another year, another successful cookie swap!

Now that I'm home and in my jammies, I think I'm about ready for round two of cookie appreciation time… I came home with loads of shortbread cookies, s'mores cookies, peanut butter cookies, snickerdoodles, and the brown butter toffee chip cookies… ooooh, the brown butter toffee chip cookies…


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comments

Susan said…
Love you and this post! So glad you could come!!! I just went for round two of the cookies... starting with gingerbread! I did however forget to ask you about my sad looking orchid...
Joann said…
Hahahaha I noticed the sad orchid, but refrained from saying anything in case it was a sore subject. Orchids look sad in between blooming, so that's completely normal. Pick off the dried flowers and keep watering every 1-2 weeks - more buds might appear on the spent growths in a few weeks/months, if not, you can let it die off, or trim it back. After those blooms are gone, you'll just have to water weekly-ish until they bloom again - and that could take up to one or two years. It's a labor of love, but the first time you get that thing to bloom again under your care, I promise it will be one of the proudest moments of your life. <3

Popular Posts