Sadness :(

A while back, I wrote about this wonderful place in Vienna, The Soundry (jog your memory here).  For anyone who hasn't been, it is an amazing space for local artists, musicians, comedians, jugglers, runners, pets, and people who love awesome grilled cheese sandwiches to hang out, paint, rehearse, be creative, and eat awesome grilled cheese sandwiches.

I found out today that they're closing.

Granted, I've only been there once, but it was enough to change my life.  It was there that I got my first taste of lemon basil fizz, the drink that would inspire perhaps my most significant contribution in life - a lemon blueberry fizz that I forced down the throats of many of my friends and a handful of you readers.

Aside from the wonderful drink and food, it was honestly a great place for the community.  Lots of friendly, creative minds, and lots of wonderful artwork.

And, in honor of The Soundry, here's the recipe for the drink I consumed all summer, inspired by The Soundry's Lemon Basil Fizz:

The Lemon Blueberry Drank of the Gods

Ingredients: (per serving)
3 slices of lemon
6-8 leaves of basil, torn by hand
1/4 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup ice
Tonic Water

Directions:
1.  Throw lemon slices, basil, blueberries, and honey into a tall glass.
2.  Add ice.
3.  Smash.
4.  Add Tonic Water.
5.  Stir.
6.  Drink and enjoy immensely.

I'm hoping something can be done to save The Soundry, especially since it's rather difficult to find a community of creative people in the suburbs… having a place like The Soundry was truly amazing!

Check out The Soundry's facebook page here!

I understand that they're hosting an event there tonight, in an effort to save The Soundry, check out the details here!

Comments

Popular Posts