Ina, you evil woman.

I made brownies from scratch for the first time today.  I know, I know… it comes in a box.  I've always thought that too and never even thought twice about making it from scratch.

The box is so good.  The box is so easy!

Well, as always, I was wrong.  I decided to go to my fav - Ina Garten (the wonderful Barefoot Contessa for those of you who have yet to be exposed to her highness), more specifically, her recipe for Outrageous Brownies.

I looked up the recipe and then went straight to hot yoga class (to justify making the brownies - and the necessary tasting of the batter, re-tasting of the batter, tasting of the batter that has been left in the bowl, tasting of the batter that has been left on the spoon, and the finished product), then I got started.

Fun Fact:  Did you know Joj had never tasted batter/raw dough of any sort - cookie, cake or brownie, until college? I know, it's ridiculous.  I was raised on lies and led to believe raw eggs = poison.  

Unfortunately, now I'm making up for lost time…


GAAAAAH.  SO GOOD.

The recipe makes a LOT of brownies - I had enough batter to make two huge pans worth.  This is a good thing because:

1.  They are moist.
2.  They are DELICIOUS.
3.  They beat (by a long shot) any brownie I've ever had before.  Ever.

Ina, I wish I could hold you in a warm embrace right now… I would do so with tears of joy streaming down my face.

(And then I would give you the stink-eye because I have two pans of this stuff within arms reach and a tall glass of milk just begging for some company…)

Get the recipe here!  (There's even a link to a video of her making it if you need clarification on any of the steps.)  LOVE ME SOME INA!!

Comments

Kaitlin said…
And the second pan of brownies didn't come with you to work because...?
nicole said…
hey girl heyyyy they look delicious...:)

Popular Posts