LUNCH!

Well, dinner.  I made it again for lunch today because it was sooooo good.


P Socks came over for some soup and a killer (if I do say so myself) sandwich yesterday… gotta squeeze as much P Socks into the schedule before he leaves, ya know.

I had bread from the trip to Eileen's in Fredericksburg - I think I bought a loaf of the Parmesan and mustard (?) and topped it with some capicola, spicy ham, and genoa salami (yum), then a layer of arugula, thinly sliced tomatoes, basil leaves and a layer of provolone.  Throw it into a pan with some oil and butter (because I don't have a panini press) and cook it up grilled cheese style… nice and crusty.  Yuuuum.



As for the soup, I wanted to do something tastier than plain ol' tomato… so I decided to go with the Tomato Basil with Orzo.  SO good and easy to make.  This recipe makes a huge batch but that's a good thing because it freezes really well.  


Took these photos with the ol' iphone… going to have to figure out what the deal is with the cloudiness… 

Well, off to go fight off the summer cold I seem to have contracted… on the schedule today?  More soup and sleeping like it's going out of style.  Maybe some Price is Right.

Comments

Popular Posts