Introducing… Scooter Santoku

At least that's her temporary name… for the ol' birthday, P Socks gifted me with a baller knife - the finest the Germans could engineer - and I used it yesterday for the first time.

It was the usual weekend cooking for the guys except with the addition of fancy weaponry.  Awesome.

Getting ready to use Scooter Santoku for the first time.  Nervous about having to live without all of my fingers.


Obviously I tried to cut my way through everything.  Fruit, vegetables, dry-wall, people… you know how it is.  Collectively we made some tomatillo and corn salsa, guacamole, upside down skillet ross apple pie, ribs, corn, mac and cheese… it was ridiculous and we ate entirely too much.  Always.

Joey manhandling some ribs (whilst protecting the oxford shirt)

The beginnings of upside down apple skillet ross pie.  YUM.

And with that, my birthday week has officially come to an end.  :)

In other news, 48-ish hours ago, I was challenged to a cook-off, date to be determined.  I stupidly was ruffling my tail feathers and allowed for my opponent to pick the poison.  The challenge?  Pork Shoulder.  Great.  

I had a dream about Pork Shoulder Challenge last night… it ended horribly, I cried and got BBQ sauced - Gatorade shower style.  So readers, stay tuned for Pork Shoulder Challenge, because I cannot lose. Must start combing the archives for recipes.  Must. Win. Pork. Shoulder. Challenge.  

One of the last photos of the opponent and I as friends.  We are now sworn enemies.

Comments

Anonymous said…
pulling the boss card....did you have a cut glove on? AG
Joyce said…
A fabulous way to fix pork shoulder is by wrapping it in banana leaves and roasting it for hours. It turns out fall apart tender and incredibly delicious! Talk with Kimo for details.
Joann said…
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely talk to Kimo about it! I can smell the blue ribbon already!

Popular Posts