Hasselback Potatoes

The internet's been abuzz about these beauties and I decided today would be a good day to make them.

You can really season them with anything - say, parsley... sage... rosemary……  thyme (haha, I think I'm so funny…) but since I had scallions, I went with scallions.


They're baked until crispy on the top and still soft near the bottom, so it's the best of both worlds.  You've got potato chips and fluffy baked potatoes in the same bite!

Ingredients:
Potatoes - I made 7.
garlic, 1 clove for each potato
1 scallion, or 1/4 cup of whatever herbs you want to use
1/2 stick butter, melted
Basting Oil
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Rinse potatoes and slice carefully 3/4 of the way through, resting the potato between two chopsticks helps (WTSM).  You want to slice it as thin as possible.


2.  Slice garlic cloves in half and rub across the top of each potato.  Split herbs amongst potatoes and work them in between the slices.


3.  Brush melted butter on top of each potato, drizzle with basting oil and season well with salt and pepper (seriously, don't be shy with the salt and pepper).  Note:  If you can't get your hands on basting oil, I feel bad for you.  But, it's made with grapeseed oil, canola oil, thyme, parsley, and garlic.  So, I guess if you wanted to concoct your own version, it would be possible.


4.  Bake for an hour, or until tops are golden brown and criiiiispy.


What you should take from this - these potatoes are versatile.  As long as you slice it thinly, you can dress them with whatever you fancy.  Plus, they're an interesting way to serve potatoes if you're looking for a change from the run of the mill mashed potatoes/baked potatoes/potato salad side.

Comments

Anonymous said…
now what makes you think i would have chopsticks in my house? AG
Kristen said…
Girl. I made these for dinner tonight....uh.maze.ing. I didn't have any chopsticks to hold them steady, but I made do....

Popular Posts