What Would Ina Do?

I was one of those "Man, I wish I were in East Hampton" moods yesterday so I stumbled out of bed and went to my local grocer (just saying this to make it sound more Hampton-y… I went to Costco and Wegmans) for some fresh produce.

I then invited my cousin over for dinner and got cooking!

I made a panzanella salad…

the beginning, tons of basil (YUM), and super sweet tomatoes

I roasted some tomatoes… 


I had a huge box of cherry tomatoes that were not going to get eaten anytime soon, so I tried roasting them in the oven and they were AWESOME.  Just cut your tomatoes in half, sprinkle with olive oil, a little salt and pepper and throw about four cloves of garlic onto a sheet pan.  Bake at 225 degrees for 3 hours and you'll never look at a cherry tomato the same again.  Swoon…  I made a little extra to put on top of pizza, sandwiches, or just to snack on!

I roasted a chicken…

Jeffrey would have been proud.

To wrap up my homage to Ina, I'm working late today, so I was able to kick off the day with a little rainy day brunch…

I will never eat another bagel without smoked salmon and capers again!!!

East Hamptons... Northern Virginia... same thing right?

Comments

Joyce said…
Yum doesn't even come close! The salad looks more than delicious!! Thanks for the recipe and picture of the roasted tomatoes. I think even I could make it!

Did you taste Regina's quinoa salad she demoed the other day? All of us in breads absolutely loved it!

I miss you and all of my buds in bakery. Say hi from me, please.
CPxo said…
i wanna cook like you do...
Joann said…
Joyce: DEFINITELY try the roasted tomatoes, they're like CANDY! I actually need to buy another club pack so I can make more!!!

CPxo: Girl, you can totes cook, just follow the blooooog! P.S. I miss yo face.
Joey Bersack said…
Its all about the everything bagel, lightly toasted with whipped schmear, lox and a slice of tomato. Hold the capers.

Popular Posts