Math?

So today is Day 1 of the Weight Watcher's program I signed up for at work.  Jules and I decided to go along with this whole Eat Well Live Well thing and since there was such a great deal offered through work, well, why not?

This is my first time riding on the WW train and that being said, I am a little overwhelmed with all of the math that needs to go on… I am to understand that I get 30 points a day… plus a few extra points floating around during the week?  This sounds reasonable, but let's see how I fared on day one…

I haven't done any calculations yet, so we'll be finding out together.  (Yay.)

Breakfast:
Whole Wheat English Muffin - 3
Egg White - 1
Cheese - 2
Iced Coffee - 0
Cream - 1
Splenda - 2 packets because that's how I roll. - 1

Lunch:
huge salad - 0
tomatoes - 0
chicken breast - 3
cheese - 3
five croutons - 2
2 tbsp dressing - 4

Snack:
Chocolate Greek Yogurt - 2

Dinner:
Some Beer - 5
1/2 Turkey Avocado Club Sandwich (helps to have people eating off of your plate) - 7
some caesar salad - 4
some french fries (again, had about half of them eaten off of my plate) - 5

… yikes.  I overshot the landing a little bit.  My calculations have led to to believe I have consumed a total of 43 points today.  Wonderful.  Day one, and I'm already dipping into reserves. :/

Just remembered I took a bite of cake and icing today too.  We'll just leave that out this one time.

I'm thinking the only way this can realistically work is if I plan every meal, snack and bite ahead of time.

Ugh.

Comments

shorner said…
YOU CAN DO ITTT! WW is hard, but I have faith in you! Luh you lady.
Kristen said…
Knew I shouldn't have let you near my cake scraps (: but lemme know anytime you need some somewhat quick math at the ready...
Leslie said…
WW is a rough start. But soon you will learn little tricks to get around. My lifesaver: Fat free (or perhaps sugar free) cool whip, Splenda, cocoa powder. MIX. I forget the points plus value, but it's super low. And it tastes like cheap chocolate mousse.
Kaitlin said…
Hey, at least I saved you from the other cake scrap by eating it before you could give in to temptation.

Popular Posts