6:00 PM - Rapture, 7:00 PM - BINGO

Or so the event schedule read at The Soundry.  I met Polo Socks in Vienna Saturday morning to check out this super cool coffee shop/art space and it was a life-changer!  Check it out here!

photo courtesy The Soundry

First of all, everyone in Vienna is super nice and driving through town I passed a wonderful farmer's market, loads of runners/bikers/visitors and some cuuuuute dogs.

We ended up stopping by the farmer's market where I picked up a little rosemary plant, then we strolled on over to The Soundry where I picked up a beautiful ceramic bowl.  For lunch, I sipped on a refreshing Lemon Basil Fizz and munched on a DELICIOUS Lemon Pucker Tea Cake and a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.  In that order, because sometimes dessert has to be eaten first.  SO GOOD.

The Soundry's pretty much got it all and I love buying little souvenirs that remind me of a particular memory or trip.

Now it's up to me to keep the rosemary alive and the bowl in one piece… 

...that's a lot of pressure.

Comments

Leslie said…
YOU CAN DO IT. Rosemary is worth it. Kelly bestowed upon me a tiny little Basil plant from her garden. We'll see how I do with that. (And by "I", I mean "Jess".)
Joann said…
GIRL, I have not seen ANYONE have as much success with basil as Kelly has. If that basil plant's from her garden, it's probably bionic and you'll have absolutely not problems with it.

Homemade pesto party??
Joyce said…
Both basil and rosemary are super easy to grow outside. (In the winter I even buy the little plants in our produce section and keep them in a sunny window until we use it all up.)

I have my basil in a big pot out on the deck. And 2 more with seeds sprouting in them (longer harvest this way). Plus I picked up a Thai basil plant at Lowe's the other day (we LOVE Thai food and my son is an excellent cook) that I planted in the garden box. Which also has the rosemary, oregano, and thyme in it.

Just remember to keep them watered, daily during our hot weather, as the pots dry out much faster than if plants are in the ground.

Popular Posts