MY JAM

Thanks to a trip to Costco, I've been (gladly) stuck with a huge box of baby spinach, and finally was able to tear through the rest of the box today (sauteed some spinach with dinner tonight)…

So, I guess I'm due for another trip this week for more!  I wanted to share with you what I've been obsessed with in the mornings (let's be real, by mornings, I mean afternoons - I averaged a 12:15 breakfast this week).

Anyhow, since I decided omelets are uppity and for show-offs, I decided to just saute things and scramble it all together with some egg. 

My ultimate goal in life is to perfect the omelette.  For now, I'll watch and rewatch Jacques Pepin (the only instruction I've ever had on cooking the perfect omelette has been from this guy - and I've been trying to recreate it from memory… I believe the last time I saw this episode was when it actually aired… probably before I was even allowed to touch a kitchen knife).  :/


ONE DAY, I WILL BE ABLE TO COOK THESE BLINDFOLDED!

For now, this is as good as it's going to get:

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
It's pretty close, non?

Ingredients:
olive oil
approx 1/3 cup sliced zucchini
1 stalk green onion, chopped (white included!)
3 cups spinach
1 tablespoon cottage cheese
2 eggs, scrambled
salt and pepper

*If you're a dedicated and attentive blog follower, you'll notice this reuses some of the ingredients from the quinoa burger (golf clap)

Directions:
1.  In a pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add zucchini and cook until softened (about 2-3 minutes)
2.  Add green onion and spinach and cook until spinach cooks down into what looks 1/10th of what you put in…
3.  Add cottage cheese (that's right!) and eggs, season to taste with salt and pepper and move it all around with your spatula - it's not a lazy/weak attempt at an omelette, it's "rustic"

So, there you have it.  You've got your protein, tons of veggies, and some dairy too to kick off your day. As Ina would say, "How bad could that be??"

Comments

Kristen said…
Oh hey...if you're going to Costco, I could reeeeeally use some of that kettle corn....had some this weekend and am in full blown obessive mode...
Anonymous said…
Kristen, I was at Costco today....could have purchased some for you, if I had known your desire for some! AG

Popular Posts