Another Afternoon in Fred

This past weekend, Yerin, P Socks and I headed back to Fredericksburg because it's pretty much one of the best places on earth.

Our first stop was Eileen's Bakery, where I tried my first ever Katmandu.  I managed to avoid this sandwich like the plague for six years (it sounds disgusting), and (thankfully) finally broke down this weekend.  Let me preface this by saying that I was a skeptic (and you will be too)… but it's honestly the BEST SANDWICH YOU WILL EVER EAT.

The Katmandu involves curry chicken salad, peanut butter, creole mayonnaise, lettuce and pickles.  I know, it sounds crazy… crazy enough to work like a symphony orchestra in your mouth!

We spent the rest of the afternoon meandering around town with Stan, stopped by Riverby Books… and luckily Yerin brought her camera along because I was too busy eating sandwiches to be taking photos.

SO MUCH BEARD.

Then we called up P Socks' brosephs who both go to UMW to meet up at the new fancy schmancy outdoor patio addition to The Nest.  

brothers (?)

The best part was when I asked Yerin to send me some photos from this weekend, she included this one in the email in reference to the growth that has accumulated on P Socks' face…


...

BROTHERS!

Comments

Susan said…
I didn't even recognize Eric in the first photo!!!

Also, it's about damn time you had the Katmandu... now if only you brought one home for me...
Kristen said…
The Bryan Stange connnection has never been more apparent...

Popular Posts