a whole lotta weekend living...

I've done a LOT in the past 24 hours (well, 23 factoring in the time change)…

Where do we begin?

I worked on Saturday, so my weekend really didn't begin until Saturday night.  P Socks came over and we discovered Los Toltecos in Sterling (whose sister surprisingly is La Tolteca, which I am a huge fan of).  I had the BEST chicken tamales I've ever had in my LIFE there… and their salsa is amazing!

So Saturday night, I discovered that my new favorite mexican place is about 5 minutes from my house.  Does life GET any better?

Why yes, yes it does.

After dinner, we decided to make some chocolate chip cookies, which were equally as awesome and delicious, because I've mastered the art of baking the cookies on the outside while retaining an impressive level of un-done-ness on the inside.

I know, that sounds like a pretty good time.

But wait!  My 23-hour weekend doesn't stop there!

P Socks and I went to Fredericksburg today (on what seemed like the most beautiful day ever) to take in a lecture on painting, then hung out with Stan and P Socks' little brothers.  We walked all over town and ate at some of my favorite restaurants in Fred… Thai food downtown, Carl's for some frozen custard, and Sunken Well for the best burger I've ever had.

And… we of course stopped at the greatest establishment in all of Fredericksburg on our way home for the warmest, gooiest, most deeeeelicious doughnuts in the world:



Man, I miss that town.  :(

I've got tomorrow off to fight off what's left of my cold, do some laundry, go for a run, and eat the rest of the chocolate chip cookies.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts