What's for dinner?

I had the day off today so I went to Costco to back up my supply of kettle corn and while I was there, I picked up a giant bag of sugar snap peas and a huge tub of hummus - eat well, right?

For dinner, I stuck to the ol' half plate healthy model (half plate of fruits/veggies, the other half whatever you want) and made some sauteed sugar snap peas, button mushrooms sauteed in a little red wine, and pecan crusted pork chops.  I'm full for now… but it's only been half an hour since dinner.


To make the best pecan crusted pork chops in the world, invest in Wegmans brand horseradish mustard, it's AMAZING.  Even if you're one of those fools that claims they hate horseradish (in which case, don't be stupid, you're going love it).

I tenderized the crap out of a boneless pork chop (that's why it looks huge - but it also helps it cook quickly and evenly), seasoned it with a bit of salt and pepper and some horseradish mustard, dipped it in egg and then chopped pecans.  Throw it in a pan with a bit of oil, 10 minutes on each side, and in the oven to finish (if needed) and you've got the juiciest, tenderest, most delectable-est pecan crusted pork chops you've ever had in your life.

Just talking about it makes me hungry again.  I might have to break into the popcorn in a bit…

Comments

Kristen said…
Yummmmm. But I don't like horseradish. I would like some popcorn though.

Popular Posts