trickery and deception

My mind's been a bit occupied lately and somehow this has translated into a complete disinterest in food.  For the last three days at work, all I've consumed is the small size of chicken noodle soup from the soup bar (...up until three days ago, I didn't even know a small size existed).

I KNOW.  It must be serious.

I spent extra time this evening making a special wrap for work tomorrow in hopes that I'll be excited to eat it by lunch time.

Also, since I "ran" today I decided to stuff it with healthy janx.  It ended up being the size of a chipotle burrito… but I am notorious for overstuffing sandwiches/wraps.  After all, it is all about the stuff on the inside.


First, I schmeared some yummy hummus on a whole wheat pita, threw some slices of turkey and swiss cheese on top and some thinly sliced english cucumbers (LOOOVE crunchy cucumbers in a sandwich!).


Next, I pulled out the big guns in terms of exciting my palette and put in some thinly sliced avocado on top.  NOTHING gets me as excited for "healthy" eating like avocados do.  OMG. I love them.  (And it may look like I've got four avocados on this wrap, but it's actually only a quarter of one - turns out I've got pretty baller knife skillz.)


I piled on some arugula (the other love of my life) and sprouts to round it all out.  That looks like it's about a serving of veggies, right?


I managed to bundle it ALL up and keep it in one piece (insert high-five here) and we'll see how tomorrow goes.  

Comments

Kristen said…
Yum! Are you taking orders?? Cuse I need something for lunch tomorrow....maybe without all that sproutiness on it though.../: I'm tired of eating credit card for lunch...):

Popular Posts