PIE!

I LOVE surprises!  ESPECIALLY when it comes in the form of MY FAVORITE PIE IN THE WORLD!

Cathy came in to work today and handed me a warm strawberry rhubarb pie.  WARM.  I was soooo excited I think I may have licked her face.  I can't remember exactly.

I took a quick (seven) bites out of it, and then ran off to make this sign:


Usually, I'm all about sharing.  But, when my favorite pie in the entire world is involved, I get down right militant over not sharing.

When I was strolling back to the desk to slap this warning on my precious pie, someone had taken a few bites out of the pie… and to TOP IT OFF, left the fork they were using in the pie dish.

This sent me into a passive aggressive rage.  I mean, tell me if I'm overreacting… but I spent the rest of the day fuming over it and eventually went to go hide my precious pie away from danger.

WHO DOES THAT!???!?!??!? AND TO MY PIE!?!??! COME ON!

Ugh.  But, warm, grown-by-Cathy-and-then-lovingly-made-into-a-warm-pie-by-Cathy pie doesn't come around every day… so I did the only thing a fat kid could do…

I carved out what I deemed to be juuuust enough of the contaminated pie and then just kept on truckin.


I ate half of the pie (with some help, I actually had to request back up on this one).

And then I felt like a terrible (and full) human being, so I went to the gym and ran two miles (golf clap)… and then ate another fifth of the pie.

I can't believe I just admitted that.  I am ashamed.

BAAAAAAHAHAHHAA no I'm not.  This pie is awesome.  I feel bad that everyone doesn't have an awesome pie-baking Cathy in their life.

Comments

Kristen said…
There was pie?? On my day off?? This is not cool....
BowChow said…
^^She'd have ka-pow'd you if you touched that pie. You should've seen her; you'd have thought someone turned the lights off while she was in the bathroom or something (<--supposed to tick you off).

Popular Posts