dun dun DUN.

I just got news last night that I have been placed on the dreaded wait-list at Notre Dame. :(

I guess I wasn't upset at first because I was seriously expecting to be rejected, but time went by and I had time to process, and you know what? It kind of sucks.

But, there's still hope, blah blah blah.  When I send out the letter asking them to keep me on the wait-list, I'll make sure the stamp is EXTRA centered and the mailing address is written in a way that conveys professionalism with just a hint of desperation.  There's no way they won't let me in then!

Given this so-so news, I decided to stay in bed until 1:30 this afternoon to reformulate some life plans (also because I will find ANY excuse to stay in bed until 1:30).

When I finally got called out on being a "hot mess" I literally dragged myself out of bed and threw on the new trail running shoes I ordered last week when I was contemplating signing up for a 5k.  (BAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAA)


For those of you who don't know, I HATE running.  But all the stars must have been aligned and I drove (yes, drove) to a trail nearby that was gentle enough for even a hater like me.

don't be fooled, I didn't see ANY horses

For those of you who are looking to get trail running shoes, the Northface Devil's Thumb shoes are awesome!  I tore through gravel, mud, puddles, and dirt like I owned the place (read: nature).

I also faced a pretty big challenge about five minutes into the jog… I saw a person running towards me, so I had to do the ol' 'oooooooh-i-love-jogging-so-much-and-this-is-so-easy-for-me-to-do' stride.  GOOD THING he was way faster than me so I only had to pretend to love running for about 30 seconds.  PHEW.

Now that that's all done with, I feel a tad better with my day not being a complete waste.  The only other goal I have to accomplish for the day is getting the netflix dvd that's been sitting in my dvd player for a month all the way down the driveway and into the mailbox.

I know, it sounds SO ridiculous that I even consider that an errand… but don't even lie, you've been there too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
very funny running story!

Popular Posts