NERD ALERT!

I've been scrabbling like it's my JOB.  Well, not really scrabbling, but WORDS WITH FRIENDS-ING (an itouch app much like scrabble)…

I made the TERRIBLE mistake of starting a game with my sister, who plays ridiculous words like "za" and is able to get 64 points for it.  Needless to say, she is schooling me.

I was snooping around the interweb a while ago and found some cuuuute scrabble pillows on Shop Dirtsa's etsy site --> here

the original

They make other cute pillows and such, but at around $80 a set, I said, "HELL to the NO."  And then promptly went to the fabric store and got to work.  

Twenty-four hours later, $80 seemed like a BARGAIN.

I ended up with decent pillows (if you have terrible cataracts and poor lighting) and a huuuuuge mess of minuscule pieces of black felt imbedded into every crevice of the bachelor pad.  

the busted remix (my version)

And ALL of this for a sister who is absolutely RELENTLESS in playing against me.  

I hand them over to her all excited and she looks up briefly to go, "thanks jo!" then promptly goes back concocting a 84-point whammy.  Great.  So much for employing THAT strategy. 

Comments

Kristen said…
I would like some of these, but I want them to be WordFeud pillows....none of this "words with friends" crap....

Popular Posts