KEY LIME PIE

… is totally appropriate for the Super Bowl… I was craving it, so that's what prompted the decision.  It ended up being the best decision of my LIFE.

This pie was SO easy to make… I highly recommend buying key limes when you can find them and if you're not going to make key lime pie right away, squeeze the juice and freeze it, that way you can have key lime pie in the dead middle of winter if you so desire.

I found the recipe on allrecipes.com, and with over 800 awesome reviews, I figured I'd give it a shot…


I was told only a homemade crust would do, so I made the crust by mixing one sleeve of graham crackers (about 1 1/2 cups, crushed into smithereens), six tablespoons of melted butter, and two tablespoons of sugar.  Then I baked it for about 10 minutes at 350.


Then, to make the filling, I combined 3/4 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 3 cups of sweetened condensed milk and zest from one lime.  Finally, you just pop it back into the oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes.

The hardest part is waiting for it to cool… :/

I also took a bit of a risk by trying a brand new recipe for chili… another excellent decision.  I will never use a chili seasoning packet again!!


This recipe is from the Neely's, Pat's Famous Beef and Pork Chili.  It's SOOO good.  Although the list of ingredients is rather long and detailed, you HAVE to try it.  It's flavorful, the texture is perfect, and it's got BACON in it.

I'll definitely be making this my go-to chili recipe!

Also, I'm going to need to buy a bigger dutch oven.

Comments

Kristen said…
Yum! I would like a key lime pie tomorrow morning to get me through the Saturday rush please. Thank you.
Anonymous said…
I'm down with that Dubs! Count me in for some pie!

Popular Posts