an update...

In an attempt to create a miracle out of this blank powerpoint presentation I have had up on this bright white monitor for the better half of the day, I have resorted to stressing out and have consumed a brownie and lots of soda because loads of sugar = inspiration.

What kind of advice do you have for me NOW Dr. OZ!?  Carrots and chickpeas certainly don't get my mind going at midnight when I've got four slides to fill with things about myself in attempt to sell myself to the highest bidder (graduate school, I mean).  Ugh.  

I am thinking of attacking this from several different angles, but am at a loss for what they're expecting… I guess that's the point of this exercise though.  I can't stand mind games, if you couldn't tell, I'm currently crumbling under the pressure.

Is there a way to toot your own horn too much?  Or maybe I should play the modesty or humor card… but then again, I doubt the admissions committee would take very kindly to farting jokes.  Or woooould they…?*

*I got up to go pee (because of all the soda I've been downing) and when I re-read my last statement and realized I was semi-serious… I had to take a step back and evaluate how effective a slideshow presentation would be if it were done in the state I am in.  Ergo, I am throwing in the towel for the evening.  I'll be back tomorrow, Blank Screen… prepare to be taketh over!!

Comments

Unknown said…
woah woah woah back it up. did you just say "ergo"? such a scooter. love you hoooooooooooooooj!

Popular Posts