things worth celebrating!

  Yesterday was Kimo's birthday and Qinglin's last day so we celebrated the only way we know how… with cake, only this time we mixed it up with a COOKIE CAKE.  Uh, even beeeetter!

  (Except I left the cookie cake unattended for about an hour or so and came back and everyone had eaten AROUND the icing… uh… where did I go WRONG in your training!?  But, like a true leader, I took one for the team and ate about three slices worth of cookie cake SMOTHERED in the icing everyone else was too weak to eat.  How's that for LEADERSHIP!?)

It's hard trying to round up the entiiire bakery gang, so we got about 1/12th of it in this photo…
Kimo, Maria, Me, Qinglin and Peggy

  And although it was TOUGH saying goodbye, I've decided to deal with it like a mature adult.  Today, when I got to work and she never showed up, I just pretended she was on vacation.  Forever.

  But honestly, I'm going to miss the crap out of her.  We've been through some toooough times as a bakery and thanks to such an amazing team, made it out the other end.  She did an incredible job and our little bakery family won't be the same without her. :(

  Oh, but that's not IT for goodbyes… MY DEBBIE IS LEAVING TOO NEXT WEEK!  My WINGMAN!  GONE!  For those of you who don't know, Debbie's got killer game and can round up the cuuuuutest and sweetest men ever to be seen in a bakery.  She's a hot guy magnet.  And every time she calls for me to come meet someone, I'm nowhere to be found.  That's because I'm hiding underneath a table.  Duh.  Well, I've got a week to take advantage of her special powers, so make it count Debbie!

   It's sad to see them leave, and they assure me they'll both visit often… but often is not every single day, therefore, I will be sad. :(

Qinglin, Debbie and Farah

  Enough thinking about it, I've got to get back to making my Debbie-I'm-Begging-You-Not-To-Leave-Me-CD.  News for anyone who's trying to walk out on me: it's not going to be easy.  I can secure a pretty tight grip around your guilty conscience and won't let go until I need to come up for food.

  Note to Friends/Concerned Citizens: I will be in break-up mode next week from all of these wonderful people leaving me, so unless you have an offering of Ben & Jerry's, box of tissues, and a Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie, I am unavailable.  le sigh. :*(

Comments

Maria said…
Things will never be the same!

Popular Posts