Reporting from the Desk...

Good thing about not working a standard 9-5er is that you can sleep in until noon on Friday and have brunch.  (Not counting the fact that you will always be having brunch solo… and the entire world seems deserted and you are all alone with no one to talk to, save the short gchat conversation here and there that inevitably gets abandoned because 1. I'm too busy watching netflix or 2. the person on the other end has to go back to doing work eventually)

Phew.  (If a statement is that long, does it really belong in parentheses?)

I digress.  The entire point of this thing was to show y'all what I've done so far in the day.  I woke up at noon, put some laundry in, and I made an omelet.


Like you, I have been inundated with eat-well propaganda (thank you, MTV for "I USED TO BE FAT" and "TRUE LIFE: I AM ADDICTED TO FOOD") and with everyone else hopping on the "ooooh it's a new year, I'm going to lose 95 pounds" train, it becomes a little difficult to enjoy a fried twinkie without having 25 pairs eyes glaring at you.

Sooo, I decided to eat breakfast.  This of course only happens on the days that I am off and not having to be at work at 4 am (in which case, a doughnut will do, thank you very much!).  Upside: I get to hone my omelet making skillz - and I have made great progress… the first day, I basically made colorful scrambled eggs, and today, it somewhat resembles the shape of an omelet…

Alright folks, so if you're interested, the five minute omelet:

Ingredients:
a little oil
3 eggs - 1 whole, and two egg whites
a little red onion, sliced
a little spinach
a little roasted red pepper
a little cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

1.  scramble your eggs, add a little salt and pepper
2.  put a little oil in the pan on medium heat, add the onions, spinach and red peppers, salt and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted and onions are clear
3.  pour in your eggs and start scraping the cooked eggs from the sides of the pan and moving the pan around to evenly cook ya eggs
4.  once omelet is about 95% not runny, add your cheese into the center of the pan and using a spatula, loosen the edge of the omelet all the way around the pan
5.  introduce the plate to the countertop
6.  now here is where you've got to be a careful - geeeently (while tilting your pan) use your spatula to fold down the top of the omelet to the middle, (you can do this!) then fold the omelet over once more in the pan before just flipping the pan over onto the plate
7.  YOU DID IT!!! (and if you didn't, who cares, it'll still taste good)

ALRIGHT!  Back to applications!

Comments

Anonymous said…
but it WILL taste the same if you just plop it onto the plate.
Anonymous said…
But it WILL taste the same if you just plop it onto the plate
Kristen said…
I could go for an omelette.....I request one for when I win the white forest competition.....

Popular Posts