one year ago

I can't believe we've somehow made it.  My mom, sister and I have managed to survive our first year without my dad.  

For me, I have my friends and family (that includes you, coworkers!) to thank for that.  I have never felt more loved than in this past year and it's been through everyone's love and support that I've been able to make it and still find things to laugh and smile about every day.  

I've been told it gets easier after the year of "firsts" - I suppose only time will tell.  But thank you to everyone who has helped fill this journey with their thoughts, well wishes, prayers - and hugs.  I don't even know how to begin to explain what a difference you have made.

This goes without saying, but I love you all and can only hope to be as good of a friend as you've been to me!

All my love,
Joj


Comments

Sara said…
That is the cutest pictures I have ever seen. I love you Joann!
Teh Kait said…
Joann, I've always meant to tell you that I really admire the strength you've shown and the passion you have for life. Not to sound corny or anything.
Joann said…
Thanks girl, as corny as it is, I will allow it. :)

And we ALL know I'm pretty passionate about a few things. Among them, "cheeseburgers," bacon and eating lunch.

<3
Joyce said…
I have now read this post 3 times and every time I cry. You have such a zest for life and live it to the fullest. Your dad was lucky to have you as his daughter! I'm sure you were a bright light that he cherished. I can't help but think how proud he would be at all you have done this year and for pursuing your goal for grad school. Just remember all the good times and keep those stories to tell your kids someday about how terrific their grandpa was!

Popular Posts