The Deb-ster's Last Day :(

So, times have been toooough, but luckily, I can usually smother these feelings with ultimate chocolate cake.

Debbie's last day was yesterday, and since she was going to leave at 1:30, I made it my mission to change her mind about leaving up until 1:29… and then all hope was lost and I only had to be sad for a minute.  Then Jules and I took her to lunch at Not Your Average Joe's, where I drowned my sorrows with Arnold Palmers and a Turkey Burger.

Quick Story: At the restaurant, the Turkey Burgers came with fries or a salad.  CLEARLY fries are the default selection.  The cute waiter didn't ask, so I assumed fries were on their way.  When I saw a salad on my plate, I actually got offended.  "DO I SEEM LIKE A SALAD GIRL!?  DID I GIVE OFF A I-WOULD-LOOOOVE-A-SIDE-SALAD VIBE??"  But, there was feta and olives involved… plus he was pretty cute.  So I noshed on Jules' fries and ate my salad like a good girl. :/  But seriously.  Fries, by default.  ALWAYS.


As it turns out, Debbie ended up being a guy-magnet right until the VERY end of her time here at ol' Weggies… as soon as we sat down for lunch, the most BEAUTIFUL waiter came to our table and tried to get our drink orders, but we were too busy giggling to pull it together.  Of course.

The actual day at work was pretty hectic, but we always find time to fit a little cake in!


LOOOOVE me some Debbie!
(Unfortunately, Debbie haaaates cameras, so yes, my eyes are shut… but trust me, I LUCKED OUT!)

And I painted Debbie a low-fat blueberry muffin to keep forever and ever (her favorite).
And Dubs doubles here as a cake decorator/picture frame.  
Wonderful Job Dubs!


It's been fun working with you, Diane Keaton!

Am I RIGHT!?

Comments

Kristen said…
Just to let you know, that was me trying to be OUT of the picture to let it just be Debbie in all of her fabulous Debbiness....but thanks for including me anyways (:
Teh Kait said…
Haha! Totally Diane Keaton...Except Debbie definitely looks better... Kristen is so cute ducking out of the frame. HOWEVER... I am getting just a little perturbed... Why the hell do all these parties and cake-givings always happen when I am off/closing? What gives? I'm going to start pouting soon.
Joann said…
Oh no! Kaitlin's on to us! QUICK! MAKE HER A CAAAKE!

We will need to schedule a "Kaitlin's here right now" party cake!

Popular Posts