IT'S OVER!!

Oh my gosh!  We SURVIVED!!!

ALL I wanted for Christmas was SLEEP! And I slept like a champion! I got home from work yesterday and slept for 16 HOURS!!!

I finally had to wake up to throw together a brisket and now that it's tucked away in the oven for a good three hours, it's time for me to take a nap!  Haha, juuuust kidding.  It's time for me to eat some chocolate pecan pie leftover from yesterday's work potluck, then take a nap.

Update: now that I've had a bite of pie, I regret only taking one slice home… shoulda slipped the entire thing into my bag when no one was looking. :/

Amidst all the chaos yesterday, we were able to put together a pretty decent potluck, which was an added bonus, because that meant we didn't have to throw ourselves into the gauntlet (read: outside of our safe and relatively uncrowded work area) to try to scrounge for food scraps that customers haven't scooped up yet due to their inability to prepare for the holidays in advance.

one of our food tables… FOOOOOD!!!

Lu, Cathy, Jules, Dubs, and Kaitlin, hiding where no customers can ask us why we're not open on Christmas day.

Dubs and her DANG GOOD veggie pizza!

And Cathy brought Swedish Fish from her native Sweden… WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!

Earlier this week, we also exchanged Secret Santa gifts and Kaitlin was insane and spent time being crafty and made us all some ADORABLE oven mitts!

These are obviously MY JAAAAM!!

To those of you who are crazy enough to call yourselves my coworkers - THANK YOU for all of your hard work, for sacrificing a "normal" life to work ridiculous hours and lengths of time, and for making work a GOOOOOD time!  I guess we've really got to love our work, huh? :)

Now, I'm off to get ready and spend some time with my family for the first time in a week (… I wonder if they'll even recognize me…?).  MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Comments

Kaitlin said…
Woo hoo, I made it on the blog! I feel special!
Kristen said…
I think I'm still full after all that food......especially since I took that veggie pizza home and basically polished it off myself.........I could go for some more acctually.....
Sara said…
dang, joann...your veggie lasagna looked damn good. I can't watch you cook anymore if I'm not going to get any! haha jk - love you!

Popular Posts