The Ol' Send Off (Volume 7)

I think I've said bye to Shep about 13 times now… and it doesn't get any easier with practice, so I just avoided it all together when I dropped her and Momma Shep off at Dulles Airport yesterday afternoon. :)


I think I gave her a "See YA!" and walked off as fast as I could… But hey, I'll see her again before her great adventure (and probably give her the ol', "SEE YA!" then too).  Denial is an ugly monster… don't be offended Shep.


But, more details from my adventure… en route to Richmond, I had to make a pit stop in Fredericksburg (since the three hours in traffic had done a number on my stomach, bladder, and sanity…) and en route to my favorite gas station, the stupid Krispy Kreme light was on… you KNOW what that meant…


I somehow got tricked into getting a whole dozen… 
I guess when they're hot, they're half the calories.

Wasted from their grueling lives as touring rock stars and my Nanny-induced-insomnia, we stayed in and ordered in pizza, watched TLC, and Shep played Tetris for the first time (!?).

Shep posing with the last cheesy breadsticks she'll have for two years.

STRUGGLING to grasp the concept...

So happy to be getting rid of each other!

The farm we're sending Shep to near Richmond...

Hahahaha matching unintentionally at the airport… 
Me, Shepopotamus and Momma Shep! <3

Saying bye to my little Fluffball, who is accompanying Shep on her adventure :'(


Soooooo in love!

Shep and Fluffball waving goodbye!

I'll See YA Shep! Love you like the DAY IS LONG!

Comments

Unknown said…
LOVE you jojie. thanks for fluffball. he has taken up residence on my bedside table. why didn't you put up the "we're so in love" picture? too one bedroom?
Joann said…
Hahahhahaha yeah tooooo one bedroom. But JUST because you called me out on it… it's GOING UP!
Joann said…
(and because I will reward comments that are posted to this blog)

Popular Posts