The 5th of May

After work today, I headed out to Arlington to Susie and J's casa for a quiet evening of homemade fish tacos, salsas, guac, equipped with a sack of purple potatoes, a plan for them, and a camera to document the occasion for my sweet blog followers.  :)

In a pretty well choreographed group effort, we threw together a pretty legit homage to Cinco de Mayo (except for the purple potato fries... that had nothing to do with much of anything).  We took a tour of the newly redecorated digs and I scowled at the abundance of Asian references in the kitchen.  Of course :)

 Susie, showing the Mahi Mahi who's boss.

Susie and Casey enjoying the fruits of our labor.

Casey and I inventing the mini fish taco bites, and toasting to this genius discovery :)

Casey: the aftermath 
(the high rate of food consumption became too much for this one to handle... she needs to work on her jedi eating skillz.)

This is our best attempt at a three person photo
Note: J's mad artistic skillz in portrait photography (i.e. "the slant")

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

Comments

shorner said…
Joann. You are coming out to Arlington wayy too much and NOT seeing me. You do realize that I live there right?
Joann said…
Agreed lady :/ on the way in I was thinking to call you to swing by for a bit after dinner, but then dinner/chatting after dinner, lasted until about 11:30. But the good news is, I am gradually becoming more proficient in arlington travel, so I would not be opposed to meeting you for a date in A-Town. :)
Joey Bersack said…
What the hell? Where was my invitation to this event? I like fish tacos like everyone else. This is some bullshit.
Teh Kait said…
You'll find any excuse for food! I do love your passion for it, though. I hope you got really excited over your new comments and weren't too disappointed!

Popular Posts