A Message of Thanks

I have been thinking a lot today about the challenges that 2010 has brought... how painful it is to lose a parent, how painful it is to lose a friend, how it feels to not know what I am feeling (or what I'm supposed to feel) most of the time...

But at the same time, I have never felt so much support and love before in my life. My friends and family have gone above and beyond in showing their support. I constantly say that it is hard for me to imagine anyone having to go through such trying times without having so many people that love and care for you.

Cancer reminds me that life cannot be planned for and that pain and fear and anger are all emotions that at times are very closely related.

But, cancer also reminds me that for everyone affected - the patients, the survivors, the caregivers... there are countless people standing behind them, cheering them on, sending their thoughts and prayers, contributing to great causes, and just letting them know that they care.


This year, I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for life in memory of my father, Dennis Tong and my friend and coworker, Greg Jones. Please take some time to visit my page on the site as well as my Team's - "Believe in Zebras" to learn more about why we walk.

So far, I have been able to raise $225 in less than 24 hours! That is just incredible! Thank you, thank you, thank you
for being the "bright side" to this ugly disease and for your continued support.

Comments

Popular Posts