GIADA DAY!

OMG. Have I got NEWS to share today!

So, I got word from an insider (we'll call her Susie) that Giada was doing a book signing... the same (amazing) insider scored a ticket aaaand pre-bought a book for me (I know, we should all have friends like Susie), so we TOTALLY met Giada DeLaurentiis today. OMGOMGOMG.

She was absolutely GORGEOUS in person (surprise, surprise)
She SPOKE to me (literally... she said, "It's nice to meet you Joann." to which I replied something along the lines of "aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh, you too!!")
And she was SOOOO NICE (I don't know how I know this about her based on a 5 second interaction, but she wasn't mean or rude... so that's good enough for me)
I LOVE HER. The end.

Here's a summary in photos... :)

Susie in line

me in line with my new cookbook

She IS real!

Susie hung out with Giada for a bit...

The line of peeps waiting to meet Giada when we were leaving :(

I've been on a Giada-High all day today... it seems silly to move on with your life after meeting GIADA. My thoughts for the day have alternated between: "did that really happen??" and "now what??" It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm not going to lie though, I COULD go for an Ina Garten or Anthony Bourdain signing... but I'll be riding this Giada-High for a loooooong time. What an AMAZING day! I've got to go stare at the autograph on my book cover now, so I'll catch y'all later!

Remember when I met Paula Deen? Check that out here!

Comments

Popular Posts