Never Thought I'd Say This, But....

I'm currently studying for the GMAT to go back to school (shudder).

I had an epiphany sometime last week and decided that I needed to go to Graduate School... Business School... in order to pursue my dreams of one day owning my own business. Then, as it usually goes, I ran out and purchased a GMAT book asap and have graduated to the peak of geek-dom and by joining a GMAT forum on GMAT-ing, GMAT-ers, and the GMAT-ed.

Yeah, it's as annoying as it sounds.

For starters, the first few pages of practice questions were asking about geometry... which I haven't studied since 7th grade, all 10 years ago (someone should have told me that the information was going to be useful after all... and I would have tried harder to retain it).

PROGRESS SO FAR:
The house is clean (having to study makes me go into cleaning mode, or any mode that will postpone the studying)
I have a library card (needed to gain free WiFi and as a result, the occasional game of tetris after an especially challenging problem)
I know know the equation for the sum of interior angles of a polygon by heart (knowledge fueled by my frustration with scoring a below average on the quantitative problem solving section, take THAT polygons!)
I remember how much I hated Venn Diagrams, calculating compound interest, and how uncomfortable library chairs are.

le sigh... well, here we go again! Top choices so far, Marymount, George Washington... and depending on if I somehow manage to get a baller score, maybe even Broad School of Business at Michigan (hello dream come true!), so... I'm on my way to hunt down a 7th grader that can teach me how to calculate the area of a cylinder. :/

Comments

Unknown said…
oh jojie....wish i could be there to witness all the freak-outs and ridiculosity first hand. i MISS YOU lady!
Susan said…
So excitingggg. Study date? Miss you! <3

Popular Posts